Friday, October 23, 2009

Shabby Chic style page--Dusty Rose

Title: Dusty Rose 
Raising two active boys I rarely get to do feminine, girlie-girl pages. So what is a die-hard scrapbooker to do? I adopted a female kitty, so that I may use all the pink girl colors. 
Technique: The silhouette image of the cats was copied, and hand-cut with an X-acto knife/blade. This image (among other breath-taking paper cutting techniques), is from a book: Paper Cutouts (Leroux-Hugon & Vicart). The image of the paper roses was also hand-cut from gift-wrap paper by Dover Publications (Redoute Roses Giftwrap Paper). I have used these roses here to decoupage a vintage desk (an earlier furniture refinishing project, before I found scrapbooking).
Supply List: Patterned paper: Me & My Big Ideas (pink), Jenni Bowlin Studio (yellow), Dover Publications (Redoute Roses Giftwrap paper); Cardstock: The Paper Company; Stamps: Inque Boutique; Stamping Ink: Colorbox; Flower: Prima Marketing; Brad: Target; Trim: Making Memories (aqua), K & Company (lace), Wrights (rhinestone); Alphabet letters: Making Memories (felt), EK Success (wood); Other: Paper cutout pattern (Paper Cutouts by Leroux-Hugon & Vicart); Lace, velvet leaves (Shoppe at Somerset).

Thanks for taking a peek at my work! Your comments are appreciated!
Irma

1 comment:

linda loe said...

Oh you are also the lady of the cat house I saw on SIS.Just wrote a pm on your LO with the vintage things and the girly cat.