Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1st OUAS has gone live!...

Title: 2011: A Year of Artistic Revelations
Pavadinimas: 2011: Meniškų atskleidimų metai



*Please visit the Once Upon a Sketch challenge blog here for more information on how you may participate in this sketch contest, and have a chance at winning many generous prizes (Too numerous to mention in this post), and you also have a chance to be our guest designer for October! You don't want to miss this!
Journaling Criteria: A memorable year - Your title must be a year, and you must journal at least 2 lines on why this year is memorable for you. Examples: the year you got married, the year you graduated, the year you moved to a new house/country, the year you started a new job, the year your child was born, the year you lost someone dear.

*** *** ***
Maloniai kviečiu visas skrebukes ir skrebukus sudalyvauti rugsėjo 1 'Once Upon a Sketch' konkurse (daugiau informacijos pateikta OUAS bloge čia).
*Konkurso tema ir reikalavimai: Jūsų pavadinimas privalo būti metai/data. Tai jum svarbi data kada galbūt susituokėt, gimė jūsų vaikiukas, ar galbūt praradote Jum svarbų žmogų. Aprašymas privalo būti minimum dvi eilutės teksto.
Linkiu Jum gero skrebinimo!
Irma
*** *** ***
Supply List: 
*Cardstock: The Paper Company.
*Patterned paper and stickers: Amy Tangerine for American Crafts.
*Alpha stickers: Making Memories (cork), Jenni Bowlin (tiny).
*Proverb: K & Company.
*Measuring Tape: Therm-o-Web.
*Doily and rhinestone star: Darice
*Spray mist: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
*Pen: Kuretake ZIG Millennium.
*Die and die-cutting tool: Quickutz (film strip), Quickutz Epic 6.
*Thread: Coats & Clark.
*Sewing machine: Singer.
*Adhesive: Kuretake ZIG 2-way glue pen, and Scotch ATG 714.

23 comments:

Puskis said...

Labai fainas sitas tavo darbelis!!! Visu pirma tai puoliau aprasyma skaityt (gi ir as is tu kur mirsta is smalsumo ) :) Tai jau koks nerealus aprasymas!!! Man labai patiko, taip teisingai ir gerai parasyta! Super !
Ir darbelis labai fainas, tas serveteles motyvas toks didelis labai gerai atrodo. Zodziu darbeli issiaugojau, jei gausiu leidima bandysiu kada nors liftint :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Love this, SOOOOOO true on so many levels. Your handwriting is amazing and your pictures perfect. Just love it. I hope you are well always :o)

Irini said...

Absolutely brilliant journalling!
You said exactly what I feel....love the layout love the sentiment!

Irma said...

Thanks Puskis and Nadia ;)
I always think that people will not read lengthy journaling, and it's surprizing and such a compliment when they actually do!

Irma said...

P.S. Thanks Irini!
P.S.S Puski...lift'ink jei tik nori...bus idomu pamatyti.

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

oh wow this is a fabulous layout ! always inventive !!! I love your work !

Leja said...

Labai patiko!!! Labai...

agnė said...

Super tekstas...

Gayle Price said...

Love this...all of it. What you have have written is so true ! You have articulated what I have been thinking so beautifully.

Cindy Gay said...

Wow that's pretty!

Gaby Bee said...

Thanks so much for being a new follower on my blog! I'm delighted to see new faces, because they lead me to their own blogs that I might not have found before! I have some catching up to do in exploring new blogs, but from what I've seen on yours so far, I'm going to have a lot of fun seeing your pictures. Love your work!

Hope you have a wonderful day,
Gaby

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Wow, Irma! This is absolutely stunning take on the sketch. I just love this!

Linutukas said...

zaviuosi tavo skrebukais, o dar labiau tuo kad norisi tavo skrebukus nagrineti... studijuoti... spelioti... kas, kur ir kaip :), aprasymas tai visai superinis :) kaip visada -esi saunuole :)

dalijablog said...

Irma! Koks nuostabus darbas! Patiko toks dizainas ir spalvų palete labai! Ir sutinku 100% su tavo aprasymu!

Jeni O'Connor said...

Irma Im always inspired by the way you interpret Nadia's sketches. You have such a wonderful take.
I was blown away when I saw this. Awesome page and oh how I wish I could write like you. lol

Claire said...

Love your journaling Irma - how right you are! Beautiful layout

Yolande (pronounced you-land-a) said...

This is such an amazing interpretation of the sketch! The curved journaling along the edge, the misting, stitching and filmstrip are all super...so loving this!

phamil said...

Irma, I LOVE this, your journaling is awesome, and the contrast of color is such a great design element! Beautiful work again with Nadia's sketch!!!

sandi said...

Hi Irma! I just absolutely love, love, love this page! The sewing around the circle looks fab as does the rest of the lo. I agree with your journaling...perfectly said!

krcmasterpiece said...

I have been in a scrapbook frenzy since June. Trying to post my "creations" on my blog, trying to sell some on Etsy & showing my friends & family my work has left me wondering WHY?
Thank you for your words of wisdom. Has truly brought me back into perspective. Thanks so much!

Živilė said...

As visad skaitau aprasymus :) O sitame skrebuke jis man demesio centras apskritai, tiek turiniu, tiek forma. Sitas skrebukas bus prie favoritu, noreciau kada nors liftinti ji :)

Anonymous said...

This is just stunning. I like your design!

Ignas said...

Greit uzbegu noredamas pasakyti WOW! Super, nuostabus skrebukas, labai patiko aprasymo stilius ir tokios svieciancios spalvos, nepakartojama! :))