Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Closer Look @ Me

 
 
Title: A Closer Look @ Me
Journaling: 
Aries sign; Year of the Dragon; Element- Fire; Color- Red.
Likes to be in the "driver's seat."
Assertive yet insecure; Impulsive yet indecisive.
Detests ostentatious, narrow-minded people.
Can't stand cigarette smoke, but likes a good cigar.
Is a romantic dreamer; An idealist; A creative spirit.
Lives and loves with an all-consuming passion.


Concept for this page:
Idea for this layout came to me while playing with some toys that my son got for his birthday. He got a herd of plastic animals and this red convertible. Upon placing the ram in the driver's seat, I mused at how it's a metaphor for myself. I quickly grabbed my camera and took this still-life shot with an idea to scrapbook an "about me" horoscope-based page.
Since my horoscope sign is an Aries, I tend to like to be in the proverbial "driver's seat"--to have the ability to control the outcome of a situation. I wrote the text in the third person as if I'm describing typical Aries' traits, yet the description is that of my own traits--the good and the less desirable.

Supply list: Cardstock: WorldWin Papers; Patterned paper: Die Cuts with a View (Mod-Retro Stack); Transparency: Hambly; File folder: Rusty Pickle; Envelope: Pixie Press; Label sticker: Luxe Designs; Mask and Spray ink: Tattered Angels; Ball chain and Rhinestones: Darice; Die cut: Quickutz; Ophthalmic Trial Lens: Stanislaus Imports Inc.; Epoxy sticker and Frame: EK Success; Stamp: Inkadinkado (text), Joann Craft Essentials (date); Ink: Tsukineko StazOn (black), Ranger Industries (green); Craft-T Products Inc.(metallic); Other: Corrugated cardboard, Dymo label, ephemera, staples, rubber band, notebook ledger paper, vintage typewriter (text).

*Thanks for viewing my scrapbook creation :)

No comments: