Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"like the air show?"



Title: "like the air show"



It's been +2 mos. since the air show, yet to this day, when Adam hears a plane overhead (which is very often since we live close to an airport), he persistently presses me to validate that indeed it is a plane "like the airshow..." kind.
I was able to fit 6 photos on one page! The wallet size ones looked too static in their original rectangular shape, thus, I cut them in a circle and placed them in metal rims. I further added patterned paper ribbon strips to make 3 medals for the pilots.
I hand-stitched the white smoke coming out of the airplane as part of the title- functional and decorative ;)
Thanks for taking a look!

Supply list: Cardstock: Studio Calico (kraft), Die Cuts with a View (red, blue); Patterned paper: K& Company (stripe), Mrs. Grossman's (sheet metal); Tag and rims: Making Memories; Die cuts: Quickutz (stars), Doodlebug Designs (red); Dimensional alphas: American Crafts; Rub-on alphas: Colorbok; Epoxy stickers: Me & My Big Ideas; Stamps: Studio Calico (plane), Jo Ann Essentials (date); Ink: Colorbox; Pen: EK Success; Adhesive: Glue Dots; Floss: DMC; Thread: Coats & Clark; Trim: Joann's stores; Other: Punchinela, staples.

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

just gorgeous!!!! love love love love love love the photos, the title work, the airplane elements!!!! *love* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Glenda T. said...

Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog! I loved visiting yours and seeing your gorgeous creations, you have a very unique and eclectic style!