Thursday, March 11, 2010

my entry for the "something from nothing" challenge

Title: goofballs
This was done for a challenge on my other lithuanian blog. The prompt was to use non-scrapbook materials, and junk, to "make something from nothing".
Everything on this page is hand-made, beginning with the home-made color mist spray (using watercolors and perfect pearls glitter). I drew the picture of the monsters, further stitching it, and adding beads for the eyes to give it more 3D effect. I've cut the stars from felt, and also stitched those.
Pictures are a few of a whole series, where my kids are acting goofy upon seeing me with a camera...ugh, I don't like this stage :D
Adam being Adam :D

Close up of the monsters I drew and embellished (all the black contours are stitched).
The inspiration for this page came from my kids' tray plate.


Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Irma said...

for lithuanians:
lietuvių k. aprašymas ScrapManijoj čia:
http://www.scrapmanija.com/20100311-1586

Fauve Design said...

Owmy that challenge sounds like fun,great title!

Your layout is adorable.I like the multiply pictures you used here,so much fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh this is FAB!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those fun photos of adam and those monsters U drew!!! AWESOME LO! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Man, zinok, didziulis kaifas matyti si darba :D As, kaip cia pasakius, tiesiog apakus... Va tokia esu O_O

Belekokie fantastiski monstriukai - tau puikiausiai pavyko juos atkartoti! Moki piesti. :)

Man viskas patiko siame darbelyje. As, zinok, niekad neitarciau, kad cia darbelis 'is nieko' - jis toooks grazus. Reiks ismokt tavo technikos kaip paciai pasigamint rastuota popieriu, nes baisiai grazius popierius Tamsta darai. ;)

Aiva

Neringa said...

nagi dar negyriau, bet darbelis vertas milijono pagyru :)
o tavo piestiems-siuvinetiems-spalvintiems monstriukams pajutau meile is pirmo zvilgsnio :)

Miele said...

neįtikėtinas pagrindas...