Title: Caution! Construction OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
page1 of 2
page 2 of 2
This double layout was requested by my son Omar. He picked out the construction vehicle stickers,and also demanded that this project must show the use of construction 'Caution!' tape.
This layout documents my son's obsession about everything and anything related to construction. This page is about the daily games of construction memory game, that I am begged, and sometimes even ordered to play with him.
- In shooting this photo, I chose to show my presence in the game, by leaving the tea cup in the bottom left corner.
- I scanned actual game cards, and printed them on a 8"x12" photo paper.
- The coveted bulldozer card (his favorite), I printed separately and glued it on chipboard to give the appearance of actual game card thickness.
- The striped 'Caution' construction tape was assembled by using yellow duct tape, cut strips of black electrical tape; The word 'Caution' was traced with a black Sharpie marker using a stencil.
- The tire tracks are stamped by inking a toy tire with stamping ink and running it on the pages.
- The embossed metal sheet (actually silver),is done with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Screw rivets add an authentic touch to the metal sheet.
- The black beams on p.2 are plastic packaging from toys (used to secure the toy to the box)
- The large yellow binder clip above the photo is cut in half with specialty metal shears to reduce bulk.